SIR’s FirstView online assessment is an advanced tool that quickly determines whether a candidate has the right characteristics to succeed in a particular type of job. FirstView measures seven work-related interpersonal competencies and general reasoning skills. Results are scored against national psychometric averages to determine suitability and are presented in an easy to read Red, Yellow, and Green format. If desired, clients may adjust the scoring parameters to produce a customized result based on a benchmark of existing employees.
- Rules – consistency, ability to deal with change, need for structure, ability to follow rules and policies
- Extroversion – need to work with others, communication of enthusiasm, ability to talk or listen
- Assertiveness – decision making, selling and closing abilities, ability to handle confrontation, willingness to take direction from others
- Teaming – teamwork, collaboration with others, competitiveness • Sensitivity – emotional stability, handling of criticism and feedback, dealing with stress
- Organization – planning, spontaneity, time management attitudes, ability to handle details
- Social Desirability – an internal validity scale to determine if the candidate is being frank with their answers
- Cognitive Ability – an overall aggregate measure of cognitive skills
Another significant benefit of SIR’s FirstView test is that it includes a section with custom interview questions which dynamically change based on the applicants’ test responses. These questions are designed to help you probe deeper into possible deficiencies during the job interview.